Monday, November 30, 2009

WOW - Without Wheat sugar cookie dough

http://www.wowbaking.com/products/cookie-dough/sugar-cookie-dough/

This is a great time to be gluten free. We all benefit from better awareness, better labeling, and many new products available at local stores. I was in Mother's Market before Thanksgiving and picked up WOW Sugar Cookie dough in the refrigerated section. I have been intimidated by making sugar cookies, but wanted to share this holiday decorating tradition with my son. So, I eagerly grabbed the WOW dough off the shelf and smiled as I put it in my cart.

WOW is right! I let the dough sit a little bit on the counter so it was easier to work with and we were good to go. I rolled out the dough between two sheets of waxed paper. I don't know if you need to do this, but it made it super easy to work with. Within minutes the cookies were in the oven and baking to perfection. Now that I've seen how great sugar cookie dough can be, I am finally going to use make the Bob's Red Mill mix that has been sitting in my pantry for weeks.

The tub sells for under $5 at Mother's and you can make up to 14 cookies. Our cookie cutters were a little big, so we made fewer cookies. They tasted delicious!

The cookie dough comes in a variety of flavors: Chocolate Chip, peanut butter and ginger bread.


1 comment: